Solid Waste Management Program
Join our Green TEAM!
What exactly is a GREEN TEAM?
- A group committed to promoting and implementing the Tribes sustainability within the organization.
- The team currently consists of 4 volunteers that meet approximately every 2 weeks. We are looking for representation throughout LTBB entities (Casino, Hotel, and the Health Park etc.).
Reasons to have THE GREEN TEAM
- The LTBB Green Team is part of the Integrated Solid Waste Management Plan (ISWMP) final plan.
- Empowers employees to help the environment through waste reduction, recycling, composting, pollution prevention and energy conservation.
- Instrumental in creating change within the organization.
- Excellent way to raise awareness, contribute to healthy working environment, brainstorm and develop areas.
What is the purpose?
- The purpose is to identify problem areas and where to target education and outreach to increase diversion.
The GREEN TEAM ideas:
- The team is currently working on a list of initiatives to address such as reducing paper towel waste in our bathrooms, setting up recycle/compost to utilize at all tribal events and provide education to tribal members/employees. We offered a water refill station at the Pow wow. The bottle refill station helped us become more sustainable and reduce our environmental impact by reducing the number of plastic bottles entering into the waste system.
What is the main goal to composting?
To reduce Solid Waste!